Hawaiʻi Convention Center
1801 Kalākaua Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaiʻi 96815
Click here to view a Google Map
The Hawai‘i Build and Buy Green + Brownfields Redevelopment Conference & Expo + Hawai‘i Green Workforce Development takes place May 24, 2011 at the Hawai‘i Convention Center, marking the first year the three events are brought together as one. The combined event provides a unique opportunity for participants to learn about cutting-edge initiatives and technology for building sustainable communities. In particular, the event will focus on green buildings, renewable energy, green workforce development, and redeveloping contaminated property.
- Building and design industry professionals, engineers, developers, suppliers, realtors
- Land owners, developers, environmental consultants, investors, insurance agencies, and bankers
- Green workforce development professionals
- Government and non-government organizations
- Expert speakers on the latest energy, sustainability, and environmental issues
- $75 – General
- $60 – Student (valid/current Student ID required)
- Admission to the conference and expo.
- Lunch, a.m. and p.m. refreshments.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing to GreenHI@hawaii.edu.
- All cancellations are subject to a $15.00 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations received after May 12, 2011.
- Refunds will be processed within 4 weeks after the completion of the conference.
Program Details – Featuring three concurrent tracks:
- Track A – Residential Green and Resources
- Track B – Clean and Green: Successful Redevelopment of Brownfields
- Track C – LEED Commercial and Public Projects and Hawai‘i Clean Energy Initiative (HCEI) Update
- Track D – Green Workforce Development
Learn – Hear from and interact with a host of speakers on:
- The HCEI and the status of current and future renewable energy projects in Hawai‘i
- Economic and environmental benefits of building green on brownfields
- Sustainable communities and federal initiatives
- Case studies on redeveloping former agricultural and industrial land
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and Net Zero Energy Homes and Communities
- Green resources, green jobs, and streamlining tools including the new e-permitting system
- The latest technical guidance for redeveloping contaminated property
- Green jobs and green workforce development
Network – Join over 400 participants from across the state to access the latest information on Hawaii’s initiatives in clean energy, green building processes and green products, and sustainable redevelopment of contaminated property.
Exhibit – Highlight your company, new technology or service with an exhibitor booth. 50 exhibitor spaces will be available.
- Annual Hawai‘i Build and Buy Green Conference and Expo – View last year’s agenda here: http://hawaii.gov/dbedt/info/energy/efficiency/bbg/index_html
- Hawai‘i Brownfields Forum – View agendas from the previous four forums here: [Under Construction]